Tuesday, February 9, 2010

So Thankful!

MomMom sent talking Valentine's to the kids - Daniel loves his!

I have to say how thankful I am to some of the families in our church who are so generous with both their time and resources. Since Drew was born we have received several great meals. For those of you that know me - I hate to cook - so these meals were an incredible gift to me and definitely spoke my love language! Tonight I was blessed with another unexpected meal. Tuesdays are crazy days as Andy doesn't get home until about 5 pm and then he is out the door by 6 pm with Matt and Sarah for Kids Club. This was my first night home alone with Daniel and Drew and I really wondered how it was going to go. Drew cooperated most of the evening and I was able to spend some quiet time with Daniel. He chose to watch a movie, "Hotel for Dogs". We sat snuggled up on the sofa together until he fell asleep! I really miss spending that time with Daniel - he is such a sweetheart. I have to grab those moments whenever I can! Before I know it he'll be a 12 year old and won't want to be with his mom! Drew is doing well, though today he doesn't want to settle down to sleep. I am hoping he is wearing himself out for sleeping tonight! I have to start tracking what I am eating as maybe that is what is contributing to his unsettled behavior today. Of course, it could just be he is starting to wake up and realize there is more to life than sleeping! I forget what it is like to have a newborn and have to remember what to do with little people again! Well, it's snowing already here in Philly - round 2 of snow this week. They are forecasting a foot to 18 inches - on top of the 28.5 we already have! This could be our snowiest winter yet! Andy and I think it is funny that we have lived in Philly for the top three snowstorms ever! And still after all these years Philly has no idea what to do with all the snow it gets! The mayor keeps telling the neighborhoods it can't plow the side streets because they are too narrow - you would think they would start purchasing some smaller plows to do the side streets. What we can't figure is that trash trucks are what is often used to plow the streets - the same trash trucks that go down these narrow street to collect the garbage. Oh well! We continue to live on an unplowed street and will hopefully thaw out before Easter!

No comments: