Friday, October 16, 2009

Williamsbug, VA

That's where we are at right now. We purchased a special three day/ two night deal at Sam's Club for an incredibly cheap price. Andy and I love it here and the kids enjoy it as well, so we thought we would take a little vacation and count it as school since this years history is American History. The kids have been learning much about the revolution and even heard the Declaration of Independence read allowed today. We have been talking to people non-stop to discover the differences and similarities between our current life and life in the 18th century. I have thoroughly enjoyed the time we have been here so far, except for the fact that I feel miserable with a head and chest cold. It has also been miserable weather - rainy (it POURED yesterday!) and cold. But the kids have been troopers and have been actively seeking people out to talk to and ask their questions. I have a ton of pictures, but I'll have to wait until I get home to upload them onto a computer that will read the CD-ROM that came with my camera. But I will post some.

We are here one more night/ day. I am REALLY hoping that the weather will get better and it won't rain tomorrow. It isn't looking hopeful. Please pray for the ride home and that it would be uneventful!

No comments: