Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Fasnacht Day!!

Yesterday was Fasnacht Day!  I LOVE Fasnacht Day!  There is a bakery around here that makes the most amazing fasnachts for Fasnacht Day!  What’s a fasnacht?  It’s a donut – but in PA Dutch German tradition all the women would have to use up their lard and flour, etc the day before lent so it wouldn’t go bad – at least that’s the way it was explained to me as a kid.  I just remember loving the  donuts!

So yesterday was Drew’s first official experience of Fasnacht Day – and BOY did he ENJOY it!!!  Here are the pictures to prove it!

Drew Donut 7Drew Donut 8Drew Donut 4Drew Donut 5Drew Donut 6

Drew Donut 3Drew Donut 2Drew Donut

Here he is signing MORE!!  And he was doing it quite emphatically!  I think he really likes donuts!  He used to have an issue with icing – didn’t like the feel of it – I think he’s gotten over that Smile!  It was a fun morning.  I like the little traditions we keep.

1 comment:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

That baby looks yummier in sugar than the doughnut. ;)