Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Getting Brave!!!

My baby is starting to get brave!  For the past three days he’s been testing the waters of standing on his own two feet!  And he is quite proud of himself!!!  The smile that he gets on his cute little face when he lets go and stands is just priceless!  I’ve tried to get a good picture but these were the best that I could do – he only stands for a few seconds – but I can tell the walking isn’t far behind!!!Drew standing 2

Drew standing

We also have a bit of a drama king on our hands!  Whenever he is sad or unhappy about his current condition – this is what he does….Drew drama

Andy calls him the incredible folding baby.  He sits and completely bends at the waist until his head is on the ground.  Very dramatic!!

We have a new “toy” that mommy loves – but baby doesn’t! 

Drew gate 2Drew gateDrew standing at the gate crying – he’s so sad!

Drew doesn’t care to be separated from mama and will stand or sit at the fence crying.  Poor baby.  I mostly got it because I am terrified that he will fall down the basement steps as the door hasn’t been completely fixed from the renovation.  Plus the cat needs to have access to the basement as that is where her food and litter box are located – so the door is often left open as the other kids just aren’t used to closing it regularly.  I also love it because I no longer have to chase Drew as he heads towards the kitchen – his favorite place to be.  It is a great gate and was a great price – much cheaper than I thought a gate this size would cost.  You can find it here.  I also love that it comes with a bag and folds up really small! 

For February I managed to get to the gym 25 out of 28 days!  Only 13 more visits until I can apply to get a reimbursement check from my health insurance!  Andy and I agreed that if we reached the goal of completing our health logs for our health insurance then we could keep the money that we get back – $150!  I am so excited!  I have no idea what I’m going to do with it – probably save it!  There is a homeschool conference in June that I am planning on attending and will probably save it for that!

The cooking for February – well…..we’ll not talk about that!  I made a lot of meals – only ate out (or take home) four times.  But several meals were those fast and easy – hotdogs or frozen chicken patties – but I did use the crock-pot a lot more and those meals were really good!  I’ll keep trying!

No comments: