Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I REALLY DO like my kids!

We have been done school for one week! And in that one week I have discovered that I REALLY DO like my kids! I know that sounds funny, but we have been having a lot of fun. For the past few nights the older two, Andy and I have been playing Mario Kart on the Wii. It has been a riot. Andy and I usually lose, but that's okay! Today I took the kids - all three - out to lunch. It was so great! Daniel was such a big boy and sat in a regular chair and ate his lunch so nicely! He continues to amaze me at how grown-up he is getting! We even bought big boy underwear today! CARS!!! He can't wait to wear them. We are going to do potty training as soon as we get back from all our running around this month! It is really nice to be done with school!

Last weekend Andy and I attended the CHAP conference, while Andy's parents watched all three kids! They are amazing! (THANK YOU!) The conference was pretty good. Andy went to Chris Hogan's seminars and was really encouraged. He really opened our eyes to some things that have to change in our family. Some of the changes will be tough for all of us, but will be well worth it in the end! I was very thankful to attend the conference as I purchased everything I need for next year! Yes, I guess we will be doing this again! I am very excited about the reading program I discovered for Matt. When I went to the conference I had NO IDEA what I was going to use for him next year. I prayed the entire time I was there for God to direct me to the right program. He lead me to Drawn to the Heart of Reading. It looks so amazing! It is exactly what I wanted and am hoping that Matthew will enjoy as well. In a few weeks when I get my objectives together and the portfolio completed for this year I will post everything I intend to use for Matt, Sarah, AND Daniel! Yup, we are doing preschool next year! Nothing stressful - just some scheduled reading, coloring, art, etc! It is going to be WILD year!

No comments: