Friday, March 13, 2009

And yet another one!

Last night after teen club Andy came home and started tearing the sofa apart. He had fallen asleep on the love seat (funny to think of a 6'1" man on a less than 5' love seat!) a couple of nights ago and some bites had shown up on his ankle. He found one. UGH!!! Now the count down starts all over again. I am ready to just pitch the furniture - even though it is only two years old this month. I am just not up for the battle - it seems it would be easier to just get rid of the furniture, buy some cheap sofas, or maybe some metal chairs, until we are truly done and then save up to get a nicer set - maybe when we retire? But Andy wants to fight the bugs and keep the sofa's - more power to him. I can't even sit on them without thinking about bugs. Will I ever be sure they are totally gone from our house? Who knows!

Tonight we are down to one kid - Daniel. Sarah was invited to go to an American Girl Fashion Show with my sister. After talking with her tonight she was on cloud nine! She had so much fun! She was able to enter into a raffle for some American Girl things and will find out next week if she has won. Since Sarah is with Lisa, my sister, Sam, her son, is with my mom. My mom offered to take Matt with her as well so the boys could spend some time together. They were enjoying MomMom time. The went to a movie, ate at Chick-fil-a and then Cold Stone Creamery - lucky dogs! They were playing Wii when I called. They are both highly competitive.

Andy and I decided to go up and visit his Mom since Dad is out of town for the night. We went to Applebee's for dinner. I was proud of myself as I didn't order what I REALLY wanted and ordered a Weight Watchers approved meal. I figured I have been to the gym every morning this week and shouldn't ruin all that work on one night. My new schedule has me getting up at 6:10 am and getting to the gym by 6:30 am. I use the elliptical for 45 minutes and then do weights for 30 - 40 minutes. I thought I was going to die in the beginning of the week - but I am not so soar right now. I have always enjoyed getting up in the morning - I get my brain going and cleared and can focus on the kids and school when I get home. Since I am getting up so early, I am also going to bed earlier - usually by 11:30 pm. It feels good! So, I am now off to bed!

1 comment:

Trish said...

WOOHOO!! Go Shannon!! I see you almost everyday; as you are leaving the gym, haha. I get there around 8. Someday we'll get to actually work out together!