Friday, March 6, 2009

I joined....

a gym!!! It is something that I have wanted to do for quite some time, but never got up the guts, or the money, to do. But after re-figuring finances and the great deal the local gym was having. I got up the guts to call my friend Laurie's daughter, Joy, and we went over together. Joy already has a membership and showed me all the wonderful things that are there. We did the elliptical for 20 minutes and then the bike for 20 minutes. She also did the treadmill for 20 minutes while I had to take the tour and sign up. It felt so good to exercise!!! I have missed it so much these past few months. I am already excited to go tomorrow morning before we head out to Andy's parents for the weekend.

Many of you know I have been on a quest to lose weight. Since September I have lost 24 pounds, but have been fiddling around with two or three pounds the last few weeks. I used to exercise almost everyday at home using the Biggest Loser Workouts on DVD, but with all the construction going on in the house there has been no room to do it. I am hoping to get back on the weight loss track since I have joined the gym. I would really like to lose another 20 pounds by May 8th which is my 40th birthday! I would like to say I lost 40 pounds by the time I was 40! I then hope to reach my weight loss goal by September - a total of 60 pounds. We'll see!

As far as bed bugs go, the last alive one we saw was February 16th. Andy had some suspicious looking marks on his ankle last Sunday, so we tore our sofas apart, vacuumed them, steamed them, and then laid pesticide on the parts that we don't touch (under the sofa and inside the back cushions). Since last Sunday we haven't had any more suspicious marks or any sightings of bed bugs. I am praying that we have reached the end of this trial. Hopefully, by the time we go to Florida on April 30th, I can declare our house bed bug free and we can put it all back together in June. It will feel really weird to live "normally". Not going to the basement for our clothing? Not having to look in every nook and craney with a bright flashlight? Everything back in it's place? My school room empty of all the excess stuff from the other rooms? Weird!!! I can't wait!

No comments: