Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Zoo!

No, I am not talking about my house - though it often resembles a zoo! Today we went to the Philadelphia Zoo! My mom, Bruce (my step-dad) and all of us went for the day to see the Lego display. They were AMAZING! It was great weather and as an extra it was also Boo at the Zoo. There were several different stations that the kids could trick-or-treat and receive a little gift or candy. They even let some of us adults get some of the treats!!! The Lego's all centered around animals (of course!). I am amazed at some of the things you can get a few (well - quite a few!) Lego's to look like. They also gave away little cards about each of the Lego animals represented and told us how many Lego's it took to build each piece. My favorites were the penguins and the snake. It took 3000 to build each penguin and 6500 Lego's just to build the snake!!!! The biggest one they had was one of a polar bear - but that one is hollow. It still took 95,000 of bricks to create it due to it's size. It was a lot of fun and I hope to get back there one more time before they go - but they are only on display until October 31st. We'll try! Here are some pictures of our fun day!
One very tired baby! But he was great the entire day! Like his new hat? I LOVE IT!!

No comments: