Saturday, August 20, 2011

Schultz Family Christmas–in August!!!

I have been going to the Schultz Family Christmas since before I was a legal Schultz!  It’s always so much fun to get together and see how the family is doing.  It used to be held on Christmas day.  But as the family got larger it became more difficult to hold it then.  So we had changed it to the Saturday before or the Saturday after Christmas – which ever was actually closer to Christmas.  This worked for a while, but then also became difficult to manage.  So now we hold it whenever the person in charge can manage it.  There are 6 Schultz siblings Robert, Martha, Herb, Louise, John, and Doris – though Uncle Herb passed away a few years ago, Aunt Barb still takes her turn.  This year it was Andy’s parents turn to host and it turned out to be a beautiful day!  I was a little worried as we have been having terrible storms – but God was good and provided a beautiful breeze and blue skies!  It was great to see much of the family, but still missed seeing those that just live too far away to make it in!  I didn’t take too many pictures – maybe I can get a few from Uncle Donald later – but we did have fun!046047050052Our newest craze – Qwirkle!  Such a fun family game!123Do you see the look I’m getting?  That’s because I had just taken several wonderful pictures of him and he was saying “Really?  You want me to smile MORE?!?!?”096Here are a few of the wonderful pictures!  Man, I love this kid!!!! 084086088Daniel and his PopPop!  125I am so thankful for Andy’s family heritage!  All Godly men and women.  So thankful for the influence and example they are to me and my kids!  God is so good!

1 comment:

Mary Garven said...

what a wonderful family day - love the pics!!