Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Jared and Sarah

Jared and Sarah 1

This past weekend we made a whirlwind trip to Massachusetts (Friday-Saturday!) where I was able to witness the wedding of Jared and Sarah.  Jared is the son of my heart.  I have known him since birth – but didn’t really get to start knowing him until he was 5 years old.  He was a wild child!  And I loved every minute of it!  He and his older sister Joy were our “practice” children.  We would take them everywhere – museums, the zoo, swimming, the Olympic Ice Skating try outs.  We loved them as our own (and still do).  In fact our daughter has the middle name “Joy” because we wanted to name her after the daughter of our heart!  We watched them grow up into wonderful adults.  I have prayed so much for Jared during his “tough” growing up years.  He was a tough kid!  There were many tears and prayers lifted on his behalf.  And God answered each one!  He is an amazing young man of God.  He gives me hope for my own “tough” kid! 

Jared and Sarah 2

While praying for Jared I have also prayed for Sarah – only I didn’t know her name or who she was at the time.  I knew it would take a special woman of God to love Jared.  I prayed God would prepare her heart to love and accept Jared for who he was.  I prayed she would love God with all her heart and live for Him alone.  God has given the perfect woman to Jared – she is his perfect match.  I am so blessed to have witnessed such an amazing work of God.  While I did shed tears at this wedding – they were tears of joy and of the amazing work God does when you allow Him to be the conductor of your life!  I will continue to pray for these two young people for the rest of my life!  I am so blessed!

No comments: