Monday, October 13, 2008

Life goes on!

My brain is on overload! Last week I was to have a doctor's appointment with the "woman" doctor and had to reschedule it. When I did that I scheduled it for today, COMPLETELY forgetting that my dear husband would be away on his God Squad retreat! UGH! I really didn't want to reschedule it again as it is difficult to find appointments (I lucked out with today's, the next one wasn't available until Nov. 25th!). So, armed with my portable DVD player and some Backyardigan DVDs we headed off. I bribed the older two with a movie afterwards. I was so nervous about leaving them in the waiting room. But they did great and when the nurse took my blood pressure it was only 100/70! I thought for sure it would be soaring! I also have lost 2 more pounds since last Wednesday. I have to admit I am feeling a bit better, more energy. I don't think I have mentally come to the realization that this is a life time change. I keep hoping I will be able to get off the medication. But God is working in me that maybe this isn't a "short term" thing. I am praying that I will be able to take care of myself so that I don't have to deal with so many of the complications that come with diabetes later in life. More so, I believe that this is trust issue with God. He is asking me to trust him with my health and telling me to get myself in gear. I am trying.

After the doctor we went to the movies and saw "Beverly Hills Chihuahua". It was just as silly as I thought it would be. Sarah and Matt loved it. They giggled and laughed and had a great time. It was a nice diversion from Andy's absence. The rest of the day was spent running errands and coming home, eating dinner, and off to bed. Andy came home around 9:00 pm and of course, Matt and Sarah were still up listening for the door. They were excited to see him. It's good he's home. I really hate being a single mom - even for 24 hours! It is just so much easier with two! I thank God everyday for such a wonderful husband and father.

No comments: