Thursday, October 16, 2008

Only TEN weeks away!

That's how long until Christmas! Isn't that just crazy! And the weeks will fly! I am already done shopping for Sarah, and mostly done for Daniel. I haven't a clue what to get my 11 year-old! I know what he wants, it's just the fact that the older they get, the "toys" get smaller and the prices BIGGER! I am searching the ads to find the best deals. I'm sure his mind will change a thousand times before I finally settle on his gift.

Since it is only ten weeks until Christmas, that means it is only EIGHT weeks until the Preteen Christmas Party. You will notice I have placed a Candy Cane link on the right side of my blog. Every year we host a party for at least 50 preteens. Each child receives a Christian t-shirt and a gift. If you are interested in donating a gift, you can click the link and get some ideas of what we think are appropriate gifts. The link will list gifts in all age categories as we host three parties: 5&6's, 7-10's, and preteens. Any gift would be appreciated! If you have any questions you can leave a comment at the bottom or e-mail us. Please pray that we would be able raise the necessary funds for the party. Many families are struggling this year and are seeking help where they can to help make Christmas a special time for their kids. Please pray that we would be able to reach many of them for Christ in the coming weeks, as attendance is a big factor in being invited to the Christmas party.

No comments: