Friday, November 13, 2009

Hopefully, some good news!

Last Saturday the neighbors returned with an exterminator! I am so happy that they are attacking this! But in talking with them they said they were really treating for a bad flea problem and hadn't seen any bedbugs in a few months. I am hoping they were being upfront with us, but I am not confident. Andy talked with one of the brothers that really owns the house, but doesn't live there and warned him how important it is to to stay on top of this if they did have bedbugs. I am hoping that he took the warning to heart.

The next day, Sunday, they were back at the house (they haven't been sleeping there as one of the kids had a bad reaction to either a bite or the pesticide being used). There was a ton of trash on the curb. I got worried again! But they said that the stuff was from the basement. There was also a hot water heater among the trash. They apparently had a broken hot water heater and it leaked and had to toss a lot of stuff from the basement. This sparked an idea in my head. Back in the beginning of October (I think) our basement flooded - big time! It hasn't done that since we had the outside pipe replaced in August of 2008. I was baffled as to where the water was coming from as it was coming in at a pretty rapid clip. The reason the basement flooded is that our sub-pump failed to click on. Once it click on it sucked up the water and for the next couple of weeks it continued to pump water out. Andy was in a quandary - where was it coming from? We were ready to call the water dept when all of a sudden it stopped and everything became dry. I am thinking the people next door had no idea their hot water heater broke and it literally poured water out for a couple of weeks before they discovered it. I do not want to see their water bill - we had a lot of water in our basement! I am hoping that was the issue and we can put our basement back together again. We'll give it another couple of rain storms before we do that!

Baby Schultz is doing well, but, unfortunately, my sugars are going up. It is likely I will be on insulin for the last 10 weeks of this pregnancy. I have been trying to watch what I have been eating, but I get so hungry at times! I am determined to try and limit this weight gain. I have gained 20 lbs. so far - far less than I did with the others - but I still have 10 weeks - that could literally be at least 10 more pounds! I am trying to exercise everyday and now really trying to watch what goes in my mouth - but it is all easier said than done. I will be losing this all as soon as he is born! I am anxious to start my Biggest Loser DVD's and especially Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred. I also can't wait until we set our Wii up and I can start using the Wii Active. I am determined to lose the baby weight by my 41st birthday in May! And then continue on my weight loss journey throughout the summer. Hopefully, I'll have a very cooperative baby!

Thanks for all the prayers. I am still working on being able to download my photos. Andy got his new computer up and running - now I only have to find the time to sit down and put in all the software and download the photos. Maybe next week!

No comments: