Saturday, January 8, 2011

Snowy Day...

A tree outback of our house - the city can look beautiful in the winter!


AHH! What a great day! I went to the gym (my ninth day in a row!!) and then came home and grabbed the family to head out to Chick-fil-a. We registered for free Spicy Chicken Biscuits - Matt and Andy ate them - I can't eat spicy - but we all enjoyed a wonderful breakfast together. We then came home and enjoyed a relaxing snow day! Matt still had school work to catch up on, but I was able to take a nap!!! I haven't taken a nap in forever! I loved it!



I have been doing pretty well with the whole meal cooking thing and the kids have been really encouraging! Last night I made a roast in the crock pot and it was so delicious! With the leftover meat I made Vegetable Beef Soup - perfect for our snowy day! It really does help to have all the meals planned out so I can make sure I have the right ingredients. I am also able to actually cook the meal in a decent amount of time since I am not staring into the frig wondering what to make! Thank you for all your encouragement and help!



On a Drew note - I came home from the gym today and Andy informed me that Drew greeted him by standing up in the pack-n-play where he sleeps! UGH!!! I have watched him try to do it a couple of times but have never seen him actually do it! Now he can! He really is growing up way to fast! I'll have to try to snap a picture of him doing it one of these days.

No comments: