Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011!!!

Sunset on New Year's Eve - on our way to see the 6 pm fireworks!

WOW!! A whole new year! I love New Year's Day! The thought of no mistakes yet made is refreshing! A nice clean start - with lots of hopes and dreams to fulfill! We had a great day today - cleaning up the Christmas decorations, reflecting on the last year and making new goals for this coming year. I think the kids think it's fun to see what they wrote down last year and to see if they have met any of their previous goals. I know I think it's fun!

This past week has been busy. Cleaning, organizing, playing!!! We've had a good break! But I am starting to get the feeling of wanting to get back into school mode and get things done! I am hoping the second half of our school year goes better than the first half. I need to get myself together and really participate - I've been feeling rather lost this school year trying to fit a third kid into the mix while dealing with the fourth and his needs. But I think I have figured some new things to try and we'll see how it goes!

This past week, Thursday, Daniel had the opportunity to go to see Toy Story 3 on Ice! He was given tickets as a Christmas gift from my mom. I so wish I had had the video camera going when he was given the gift! His reaction was priceless as his little face lit up when he realized what he had been given. I was the lucky parent to attend the show with him!!!It was really fun just spending one on one time with my sweet 5 year old! I think he enjoyed it too! Here are a few pictures of our time at the show. Did I mention we were second row from the ice? The seats were amazing!!In Drew news - he is amazing! He just started crawling the week before Christmas and now he's trying to pull himself up to a standing position. He was successful yesterday when he was getting ready for a bath as he pulled himself up at the tub! He was quite pleased. I have also caught him several times trying to pull himself up in his pack-n-play! He is just all over the place! He's getting so big! It's sad and exciting at the same time. I so love this baby time when he's all snugly and lovey - but it's exciting to see him progress and grow into a toddler. He has also FINALLY gotten his eighth tooth! Two molars are also pushing through - they look so soar - but he's being a real trooper about them!
Happy New Year! May God richly bless you this year!

No comments: