Monday, May 9, 2011

Race Day, Mother’s Day, B-day!!

Yup!  The trifecta occurred on May 8, 2011!  It was an incredibly busy day – but so much fun and full of blessings!

We started our day bright and early – 5:30 am!  Not exactly how I wanted to start my Mother’s Day/ B-day!  But it was for a good cause – The Race for the Cure.  Race Day 4Many of you know that my sister is battling breast cancer and this race was developed to raise money and awareness.  My sister formed a team and we committed ourselves to walking the 3 miles. Race Day 3 I have done the walk before – and it was emotional then.  It’s even more so when you KNOW someone standing on the survivor’s steps.  We weren’t sure how Lisa would fair during the race – she gets very tired easily – but she FINISHED the race!!! Race Day 2 It was great to see her looking so full of energy and smiling from ear to ear with all the support and encouragement from friends and family.

After the race we went to church and enjoyed some fellowship with others.  It’s funny – but Mother’s Day is always a well attended service!  One of the best parts of the Mother’s Day celebration was a YouTube video that Pastor Bill played prior to the message.  If you get a chance, click on the link and watch the video.  The church was full of laughter!  It was great!

After church we went to a friend’s house, the Hatfield’s, to celebrate Joan’s birthday.  Her husband put together a surprise birthday party – and he got her!  She was so surprised!  Hatfield1The cutest thing was that he got all the family members shirts that read “No, I’m 29!” and labeled the party “the first anniversary of her 30th birthday”.  We had a great time talking with friends and the kids had a blast running around with the other kids playing games and taking a hike.HatfieldIt was also my 42nd birthday!  Yup!  I’m getting old!  But I am so blessed! Race Day I praise God that I was able to spend my day with family and friends, celebrating life and all of God’s blessings! 

No comments: