Friday, November 9, 2007

Friday!

I LOVE Friday's! Especially today! Andy gave me two hours "off" from school and was my substitute teacher! I went off and donated blood!!! I know - there were probably better things I could have done, but I used to be an avid donor and have gotten away from it. I really want to start doing it again. Besides, it's nice to lie down - even if it's only for about fifteen minutes (I'm a fast bleeder - red head!). The kids were impressed because I came home with a t-shirt that says "Superhero". Now they want to donate blood! I told them when they were 17 I'd take them. Of course, Sarah would have to gain some serious weight!

The rest of school went pretty smoothly. We were finished our work by 4:00 pm and then we headed out to Toys R Us. They were having a big sale and I had a coupon that I wanted to use before it expired. I finished Christmas shopping for Daniel and my nephew Sam. I am almost done! I hope to be done by Thanksgiving. My goal is to have a peaceful December - no too much running around. We'll see how it all turns out.

We are off to clean! Andy has been tackling the basement and I am getting ready to put a bunch of stuff on ebay - cross-stitch stuff, stamping stuff - stuff I don't have time for at the moment, but don't want to hang onto until I do! We need the room more than I need the stuff! I did a test run on ebay this past week and sold two pairs of shoes Daniel had outgrown. He has a wide foot and wide shoes can be expensive, so I figured other mom's might need shoes for their kids fat feet. I was right! One pair sold for $5.50 and the other sold for $11.00! We are saving the money towards either a new car or new computer - which ever dies first!

No comments: