Thursday, November 1, 2007

Tired

As you may have noticed from my posts, we have been doing a lot of running around. Life with kids is seldom quiet, but the last few weeks seem to have been extremely busy. It has left us all tired and it is starting to catch up! This weekend will prove to be busy as well. I am excited for the events taking place, but at the same time long to be home to get something done.

This weekend I will be attending the Revolve Tour with my Sunday School class. It should prove to be fun and interesting! The Revolve Tour is like Women of Faith for teenage girls. I think it has a few more concerts and a little less talking, but the girls that went last year really enjoyed it. I was not able to go last year so this will be my first experience. Please pray for the 25 girls that are attending (Laurie's and my Sunday School class and the God's Girls Sunday School class). The event takes place Friday evening and all day Saturday. Please pray for safety to and from the conference as we will be driving several mini-vans. Also pray that God would really speak to the hearts of these girls and they would put to work all that they learn. Pray for me to "be there" and not longing to be home getting things done.

What will also make this weekend a challenge is that Andy has been asked to speak at a church missions conference in DE. Since we are by no means fully supported, any churches that ask him to speak, he jumps to accept their invitation. He will be speaking Saturday night, so I won't see him as he will be gone before I get back, and Sunday evening. I really hate tag team parenting, but this is how life goes at times. Pray for him to be able to speak clearly about the ministry and that people will feel led to support us both prayerfully and financially. Also pray for Andy as he has lessons to prepare for next week. He will be a busy man!

Speaking of tired, something is up with Daniel. Please pray for him as he is suddenly not sleeping. He screams at nap times and screams when it is time for bed. He will only sleep if someone is in the room with him. He is exhausted. At the moment he seems to be frightened of the car sounds (alarms, horns, back-up beeps) in the neighborhood. This is something that is not easily fixed. There will be noise no matter what we do. Please pray that he would get over this phase, quickly, as it is driving me crazy. I do not handle screaming toddlers very well. I have no idea what to do about the situation. I have never come across this before. Matt and Sarah always slept or played, but never screamed during naps or going to bed. If you have any ideas you can post them by hitting the comments at the bottom of this post. I think you need to register a Google account. It will walk you through it. Please pray for each of us to get the rest we need to function properly!

No comments: