Thursday, August 7, 2008

Reading Rocks, Part 1

Tonight is the big Reading Rocks Party! I will be glad when it is done! So much work has gone into getting ready and I will be relieved to not have to run around and gather things to make the party happen. Not say I haven't enjoyed the preparations, but now it is time to move onto something else - like totally focussing on school and home! I am so ready to fall into our autumn routine.

I packed up the school supplies on Sunday afternoon. Here is a picture of all the supplies prior to being packed.

Thanks to so many wonderful people, Pat, Rachel, Aunt Louise, Mom Schultz, Mom Lewis, Mom Hunter, Bethany E.C. Church, Bethal Chapel, Laurie, and I am sure many others who have slipped my mind right now, we were plenty well stocked to fill 65 backpacks! Here is a picture of what each kid is receiveing along with their backpacks.

1 plastic binder, 6 2-pocket folders, 2 spiral bound notebooks, 1 pack notebook paper, 1 compostition book, 1 Crayola Broad markers, 1 Crayola Fine Line markers, 1 Crayola Colored pencils, 1 8ct. pencils, 1 pencil box, 1 pack index cards, 1 24 ct. Crayola crayons, 1 2ct. pink eraser, 1 scissors, 1 2ct. glue stick, 1 ruler, 1 pencil sharpener, 10 pencil top erasers!!!

It is a ton of stuff! All the plastic binders were donated! All the loose leaf paper was donated! All of the pencil boxes were donated! And we received a good majority of other supplies! The only thing I really had to buy were scissors, white glue, and Crayola Fine Line Markers. We were blessed beyond my wildest dreams with folks donating supplies and their time to run around and gather them. Thank you so much! I will post about the party later tonight. I bought a new camera card so my camera will be able to hold more than 20 pictures!

No comments: