Sunday, August 31, 2008

Decisions, Decisions!

Life is full of them, and often I hate making them, but they must be made. After much prayer and pleading with God to give us the right answer about our decision, we have made one. We will continue to homeschool Matt as we have the past seven years. Andy and I have had many discussions and have talked with others about what options for education were out there. We feel, at this time, God still wants us to keep Matt home and continue to work with him. The main clincher to the decision was we feel we are the best influence on his character. God calls us to raise him (Deut. 6:6-7) and to teach him His ways. God also calls us to pray for him and his heart. A verse that has really spoken to me the past few days is Ezekiel 11:19-20 "And I shall give them one heart, and shall put a new spirit within them. And I shall take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in My statutes, and keep My ordinances, and do them. Then they will be My people, and I shall be their God." God can take my son's heart and turn it toward Him. That is our prayer.

So, tomorrow is day one. We start fresh. We will take it one day at a time. He is on a sort of probation period. The local middle school has to finalize their rosters by October 1st. We will watch the next 17 school days (we are on vacation next week) and see if he is trying to cooperate and get his work done. He has been doing well in the trying department this past week, but their has been no school. We will continue to pray he will grow in maturity and wisdom with his Heavenly Father.

No comments: