Thursday, April 9, 2009

Crazy Week!

That's where I am at right now! Life has been INSANE for the past week! I don't ever remember being so on the go. It all started last Thursday with the Michael W. Smith/ Steven Curtis Chapman concert and has been a whirlwind of activity everyday since! I am not complaining! God is so good and has allowed so many blessings to fall on us.

Last Saturday, my wonderful mom took me out to get my hair done - a cut and a perm (I haven't had one in YEARS!) and then a full day of clothes shopping! She is so excited about my losing weight that she wanted to get me some new clothes before we go on vacation (just THREE WEEKS from today! YEAH!!!!). I ended up not getting home until 9:00 pm! An incredibly fun day!

On Sunday we made the yearly trek to Ocean City, New Jersey for their half price ride tickets. It was a gorgeous day! Unfortunately, Andy was unable to make the trip with us as that very morning, the ONLY drainage pipe in the basement that hadn't been replaced decided to crack! UGH!!! Poor Andy spent the whole day, and a good portion of the early morning, replacing the pipe while we were enjoying the fresh breezes of Ocean City. The kids had a great time walking the boards and even getting onto the sand for a short time. But the rides were the highlight! It made them all excited for our vacation come September! I know it seems far away now, but it will be here before we know it!
The school week has been filled with the yearly standardized testing. Neither Matt or Sarah are required to have it this year, but I like to see how they are fairing. This year will be an interesting one as it has been so incredibly difficult to get what I consider "normal" school in with the whole bed bug situation and other factors. I am hoping that they do at least as well as last year. We'll see. I am trusting God to help me realize He had a reason for this entire past year. I know it didn't go ANYTHING like I had planned - but God knows and only asks that I trust in Him for it all - so I will.

Today, as a kind of celebration of finishing testing, we headed to the Franklin Institute to see the Narnia Exhibit. It was SO great! I really enjoyed seeing all the props and even some of C.S Lewis' personal things - like his copies of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy! They had the White Witches throne and it was SO COLD!!! It felt great! Unfortunately, we weren't able to take any pictures - boo! But the memories are there and the kids had a great time. Even Daniel enjoyed looking at everything and climbing into Reepicheep's tree house. The attention to detail is absolutely amazing. They also announced that "Voyage of the Dawn Treader", the third movie, will be released in theaters in 2010! I can't wait!!
After touring the exhibit we spent a couple of hours walking around the museum looking and experimenting. I really enjoy the Franklin Institute!
God continues to show us mercy and love despite my weaknesses! It has been four weeks today since we have seen a bed bug. I can't tell you HOW THANKFUL I am for this! I still look for them wherever I walk and nothing is put back into place yet. I am still fearful that they will return. Each day is a walk in faith - knowing that God knows what is best for me and will help me through it all!

This Easter seems extra special to me this year. I am so grateful for all He has done these past eight months. He has "shown me what is good; and what does He require of me? But to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with my God." (Micah 6:8). It has been a humbling walk, but I have learned so much and am so thankful for all His wonderful ways. Thanks to all who have been praying. Please continue to hold us up as we continue to "walk with our God!"

No comments: