Monday, April 7, 2008

The Green-T Tour

I have been working on a special activity for the past few months that came together last night. Matt's favorite music group is Hawk Nelson. Shortly after Christmas I caught wind that they would be in the area, Calvary Church of Souderton. I also happen to know the pastor that was in charge of setting up the concert, Billy, who is married to my one of my college roommates. We e-mailed back and forth and I was able to secure tickets for Matt and I as well as Eliza and Laurie. Also, through the wonderful work of Billy (THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! YOU ARE GREAT!), we were able to attend the pre-concert show. Only those with green t-shirts (it's the Green-T Tour) were allowed to this special event! To say that Matt and Eliza were excited is an understatement! Matt and Eliza in front of the tour bus!

Laurie opted to stay out in the seating area while I went into the concert to sit with the kids. We were eight rows center from the stage! Great seats! It was VERY LOUD!!! My ears are still ringing! Jason Dunn of Hawk Nelson

I have to say that I was very pleased with the whole thing. I have had questions about exactly where Jason Dunn (the lead singer) stood with his faith and he answered all my questions last night. He gave a great testimony and an encouraging talk to all the kids that were present. I am even pleased with their new CD that came out last Tuesday - A Friend Like That. I like to read the "Jason thanks..." section of the CD and he gives a clear thank-you to Christ, as well as a thank you to Michael W. Smith (my favorite artist!). If he likes Michael, he can't be that bad, right?!?!?

After the concert we waited in line to meet the band members and have them autograph some posters. Matt was so flustered! He did manage to get a hi out and a thank-you! It was very cute! (Don't tell him I said that!) When we got home, around 10:30 p.m., he was so emotional! Almost in tears! He has wanted to go to a concert for so long and had mixed emotions about the whole event. It was somewhat different than what he expected, but very exciting. I am glad we were able to give him this experience and that I was the one to be able to spend sometime with him in this way. I had a great time and confess that I still love concerts - even though they are very loud! I would have preferred to sit farther back, but I sat closer for the kids! I am looking forward to when they are older and we can maybe go out to Creation. Matt and Sarah would LOVE that! And my rocking baby would go insane!!! One funny story from last night is that the lead guitarists name is Daniel!!! When we met him at the end of the night we told him about Daniel and how he loves to rock to "Bring 'em Out". The two artists we told thought that was great and to bring him in for an audition! Maybe we have a rock star on our hands!

No comments: