Monday, December 8, 2008

UGH! Again!

The above picture is Matt's arm. The red spots are bites. UGH! Somewhere a bedbug found him. So tonight Andy and I tore his bed apart. We found two! A really tiny one and an adult one. I am freaking out. I am so fed up with this whole situation. We are definitely calling Ehrlich and requesting a third treatment for Monday, December 15th. Wednesday, Andy and I will strip the beds down and steam everything. I really wish we could have done this tonight or tomorrow, but it was late when we found them and Daniel isn't feeling well (a cold). Tomorrow is the preteen Christmas party and there is no way Andy will have time to help me. I, in fact, will be helping him set up. This whole situation is incredibly frustrating. I really thought things were starting to look up. The exterminators treated the beds the last time they were here, and yet these dreadful bugs took up residence in the boys bunk, anyway. Is there nothing that will rid these bugs from our house? I am beginning to believe that these wicked beasts will be with us until we die. Andy is going to be gutting the living room next week and the kids and I are scheduled to go up to his parents house while the job is being done. It is going to be incredibly hard to ever come back home. I just want a peaceful home again. I fear that will never be the case while we live here in Philly. I am struggling, once again, with what our future holds. Something has to give. I can't go on much longer like this.

Sarah had her Kids Club Christmas Party tonight. She had a blast. She was able to choose a gift and picked out a pink volleyball and a pink baseball glove. Such a girl! She was so excited. I am glad she chose things to keep her active, and not more toys. While she was at her party, Daniel and I made cookies (just the Pillsbury snowman ones). He remembered us doing the same thing last year and kept begging to do it again. His favorite part was eating them! He really is a funny little guy. He has a terrible cold right now. Please pray that he would heal quickly. The poor kid is upstairs coughing and I can't give him more medicine for a couple more hours. I need to find a medicine that actually works. Any ideas?
After cookies we watched "A Charlie Brown Christmas". Daniel felt the need to hold the cat while watching the show. See how thrilled she is?!?! This cat has never clawed or bit Daniel with all he does with (and to) her. She really is an amazing cat with kids!








1 comment:

It's the Little Things in Life said...

Haha, these pictures are adorable!

I'm sorry to hear about the steps that seem to be backwards. I'm praying for you, I can't imagine how that would grate on a person. It's like Chinese water torture.

Again...praying.