Monday, January 7, 2008

1st Day Back

Today was our first day back to school and it went pretty well. The kids were tired and things seemed to go slow and take forever! Matt completely forgot how to do English and Sarah's mind went blank when we did math - but both plugged through and got almost everything finished. Matt still has to finish math and English, which can make for a bad week. But we had a discussion and he is determined that it is not going to ruin his week and make him upset. We'll see.

I put Daniel in his bedroom today for room time. When I told him it was time to go play in his room he said "NO!" I so love the gate Andy installed. I can lock my bedroom door and keep his bedroom door open and hear him and the only place he can roam is the hall! He cried at first - but for like 5 seconds then he started playing. He really enjoyed himself! He played for about 30 minutes when he announced he was done! At that point we were ready for lunch and then he went down for a nap at 12:30 pm. He woke up around 2:15 pm and I was just finishing up the things I needed to do with Matt and Sarah. I believe this schedule may work! Now I need to get myself to bed at a decent time so I can get up and going at an early hour.

No comments: