Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year - New Schedule

Daniel moving to a bed has been a new experience. He now wakes up and is roaring to go at 6:00 am! I am NOT ready to go that early in the morning. I worked hard this morning to teach him that he needs to stay in bed - even if he is awake. I managed to keep him there until 7:00 am. With him waking that early he was down for a nap by 12:30 pm. I was hoping he would take a 2 hour nap - but it doesn't look like that is going to be the case. He was awake by 2:00 pm. I made him stay on his bed until 2:30 pm as I am going to need at least two hours to get things done with Matt and Sarah for school. He was not pleased with having to stay on his bed. Tomorrow I will give him books and some small toys he can play with after he wakes up. Hopefully, he will get the idea he needs to stay on his bed. Please pray for him (and me!) that he will get hold of this new schedule quickly. Since he woke up from his nap so early, however, he was in bed by 7:30 pm. Now the big question is - what time will be wake up in the morning?!?!? I hope it is not before 6:00 am! I guess I am going to have to change my schedule and go to bed earlier so as to get up earlier to be with Daniel. This could be a good thing - I think.....

Between dealing with Daniel trying to rid our kitchen of candy (everytime I turned around he had another peice of candy in his mouth!) - and getting Matt and Sarah to do some things for me, I managed to clean half of my bedroom. I am purging many things!!! My goal is to simplify so that cleaning will become easier. Andy has done an amazing job of getting rid of clutter. His tall tower that sat in the corner of the dining room - collecting all kinds of dust and what not - is GONE!!! The dining room feels so different with the tower gone. It feels more open. Things are getting there. We hope to have the house in a decent order so as to have preteens over sometime in February/ March and plan on having a group over at least once a month. Please pray as we make plans on who to have over and what activities to do with them to help them grow closer to the Lord.

No comments: