Saturday, February 14, 2009

Poor Boy!

Well, we are home. I have mixed feelings about it. I am glad to be home to see my husband, but am back to not sleeping well. But not sleeping well last night wasn't all due to the bed bug problem. Last night our poor boy, Daniel, came down with the stomach bug. Earlier in the week, Grammy came down with the dreaded bug and as hard as we all tried it looks like Daniel was the one to get it. We all have to get sick sometime and this time it was Daniel's turn. He really doesn't get sick all that often and he was so sweet. It was like having a newborn as he either slept on me or Andy on the sofas all night. I have never been so thankful for the channel Noggin as at one point he woke up around 3:30 am and not wanting to sleep. We put the channel on and he rested on Daddy until he fell asleep again. He got sick again at 5:00 am and then slept until about 9:00 am. He seems to be on the rebound and is jumping up and down, singing, and playing his guitar. So far the other two haven't come down with anything and hopefully that will continue.

Our bedroom looks great! Better than I imagined! When I got home I looked at the paint color we had chosen, "Comforting", and decided it wasn't that comforting! It had too much pink in it for my liking. So I ran to Lowe's and picked out "Kitchen Twine". I really like it. It has much more brown in it. There is more work to do. Our one closet is a built in and needs the paint to be stripped before we can repaint it. It has about 30 coats of paint on it already! But that will be a project for May. We also need new carpet, but that will have to wait until next year. We already have far too many expenses to pay for this year. God has been good in covering our expenses. A church called Andy today to let him know that they are sending a check to help with the extra expenses incurred by this dreaded bed bug situation. God is good. He knows our needs and meets them. I am so thankful I don't have to worry. I will post pictures next week to show what our bedroom looked like and what it looks like now. You will be amazed!

No comments: