Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Life is CRAZY!

Drew - 3 weeks old (yesterday)

I didn't even get my camera out today! I am so sad - I was really trying to get photos everyday - but life just got crazy! It started out with the three older kids and Andy going over to the Darrow house to celebrate Faschnacht Day. There is a bakery around here that makes the most incredible faschnacts! They are wonderful! Aunt Denise always brings some over to the Darrow's and they are kind enough to share them with us. I didn't go over because it was almost time for Drew to wake up and eat and I was no where near ready to go out in public! So Drew and I had a relaxing morning while the kids got hyped up on sugar!

I also tried to be creative in my dinner for this evening. I used to have a great recipe for Beef Stew - but I have lost it. So I just threw things in the crock pot as an experiment. It didn't turn out too badly. It should have cooked a bit longer, but it was pretty tasty. Sarah ate it so it couldn't have been too bad! I think I need to add peas or some other green veggie. I am trying to use the crock pot more so I don't have to think too hard about dinner as that is usually when Drew wants to eat! I am also trying to use ingredients that I have on hand. I am trying to see how long I can go without going to the grocery store. We have only gone to get some fresh produce and milk - but the snow has helped me stay away from the grocery store - I actually haven't driven our van for more than three weeks! It will probably feel weird when I do get behind the wheel again!

Drew - 3 weeks old - a pretty good sleeper!

Daniel and I did a bunch of school today. He is so into it! We focused on cutting with scissors and writing exercises. He LOVES mazes! He does really well with them. I am going to have to find a harder maze book - he is starting to tell me the ones I am having him do are too easy! He's so funny. He loves to be challenged - so different from Matt and Sarah! He is also into the alphabet. He is really putting the sounds together with the letters - I think he'll be reading before I know it! I am amazed at what he already understands! I wonder where he would be if it weren't for the bed bugs and the pregnancy - boy! Sometimes I feel like I've lost so much time with him - but God is good and will do the work that needs to be done in my sweet boys life!

Matt is struggling with getting school done in a timely fashion and as a result missed out on going to preteens tonight. Andy and I decided that we just really need to stand firm with him in regards to the rules we have set for him. One rule is that he needs to finish his school work before going to preteens. He had four math problems that weren't done. I felt terrible, but he wasn't done - so he suffered the consequences. Hopefully, he will take this experience to heart and start putting more effort into getting his work accomplished.

Sarah has been super helpful this week - really trying to get her school work done and doing little chores here and there to help me out. She vacuumed the living room today - it really needed it! I am very thankful for all her efforts this week!

Life is crazy - but I wouldn't trade it for anything! We are all doing well and I am so thankful for each blessing God has given me - especially the four lives he has entrusted to our care! Please pray for each one as they grow and strive to do their best for God.

1 comment:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I love his little cheeks!

Your Matt sounds like my Eli. Sometimes we have to be tough. We have to build character traits that will serve them and not harm them.