Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy 9th Birthday, Sarah!

Today is my girl's 9th birthday! Yup, the day after her big brother's birthday! I love having them so close together. I think they do, too! But the poor thing has spent the entire day laid up on the sofa. She awoke with a fever that has progressively gotten worse. I believe she has the same virus Daniel has, Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. She is constantly hanging on him, so I am not surprised that she caught it! I just didn't think she would come down with it on her birthday! She was well enough this morning to open her gifts, but hasn't really played with them. Matt was sweet and set up the tea party pictured above. He wanted to do something that she would love, and unfortunately wasn't up to enjoying it. She has sat on the sofa, watched a few movies, took a nap, and eaten some jell-o. I feel bad for her but this thing just has to run it's coarse. Hopefully, she'll feel better soon so she can enjoy the rest of the week!I can't believe she is nine! I remember when I was nine! It's funny to think back and remember what I was like and compare her to myself. She is definitely much more outgoing than I was at that age! She is more athletic, eats better, loves life and loves to talk - so different than me at that age! She is an avid reader, though - just like me! I am so thankful to God for this girl in my life - she shows me everyday how to live life to its fullest. She is not afraid to share God's love with anyone and I so admire her for that! Please pray that God would richly bless her this coming year and heal her body of this virus.

No comments: