Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Third One Falls!

Yes, it seems that Matt has come down with the dreaded sickness, though his started with a headache and his fever isn't nearly as high as Daniel's or Sarah's had been. Sarah recovered rather quickly and is back to "normal". At her well-visit to the doctor yesterday she weighed in at 52 lbs. and is 52" tall! She weighs a pound for every inch! She is in the 10th percentile for weight and 50th for height. Thankfully she needed no shots! She is healthy and she LOVED our new doctors. She saw Dr. Pete, who is female and a resident, and Dr. Lawry, who is a male and one of the supervising doctors. He was great! I loved how he spoke directly to Sarah and asked her questions and then asked me some questions. Neither doctor talked down to me - like our last practice. They even checked her hearing and eyesight - something the previous doctor never did. Unfortunately, I have to take Sarah to the eye doctor as she didn't pass her vision test like they had wanted. She is nine - that's when I started wearing glasses - poor dear! I had really hoped they had inherited Andy's sight. Oh, well!

I went to Franklin Mills Mall today with Daniel while Matt and Sarah were at VBS. This sickness didn't really hit Matt until he was at VBS. It was a nightmare! I REALLY need to find a stroller that is higher than our current umbrella stroller. He has figured out that he can place his feet on the ground and "walk" with the stroller, going anywhere he pleases! This does not make for a pleasant shopping experience! He really needed pj's and Carter's, Osh Kosh and Children's Place were all having their clearance sales. He finally tired out by the third store as I kept holding the stroller at an angle so he couldn't reach the floor with his feet. I think my arms got a great workout! I also purchased Sarah some pj's. She has been longing for nightgowns. Do you know how hard it is to find nice, non-characterized, nightgowns? Carter's had ONE! So I got it for her. She was thrilled! I also purchased the kids shirts for their portraits that I hope to have done sometime this summer. I purchased brown polo's for the boys and a light blue peasant shirt for Sarah. They are going to look great! Matt wishes the polo's had light blue stripes, and so do I, but I couldn't find any. I'll have to keep my eyes open to see if I can find them before the pictures are taken.

We have another crazy busy weekend ahead. Tomorrow we all, except for Daniel, have dentist appointments. UGH!!! We are then spending the night at Andy's parents and attending the Stahl Pottery Festival Saturday morning. We then have to head home to attend one of our teen girls', Melissa, graduation party. We can't miss that! She is Daniel's "Lissa!" She watches him every Tuesday night so that I can help Andy. I am going to really miss her this fall as she heads off to college. Please pray for a new person to watch Daniel and some other young children of the people who attend our Bible studies or help out with clubs on Tuesday. She has been such an incredible servant and will be very difficult to replace. Daniel will miss her terribly as she plays with him and loves him so much.

Sunday Andy heads of to Camp Men-O-Lan for the Teen Retreat. He returns Monday evening. I will be visiting my friend Donna and enjoying her company while our nine children play together (she has six - three boy and three girls!). Then Tuesday will come and I will only have 6 weeks of summer vacation left! It isn't nearly enough time to get this house in the order I desire, but I am making small dents. One thing I have learned is that I need to concentrate on "sections" and not look at the whole - which can be incredibly OVERWHELMING! I have been conquering our bedroom and am almost done! I'll post a picture when I am. I should have taken a before, but I would be MORTIFIED for anyone to see the condition it was in!!!

Well, I am off to pack!

No comments: