Monday, July 14, 2008

Camp

When I was a kid I went to Camp Sankanac every summer from the time I was seven. I LOVED camp and looked forward to spending a week away from home in the country! It was THE highlight of my summer! When I was older I was able to go for two weeks and eventually the whole month as a worker! I made such great friends and learned so much about my Heavenly Father - it truly molded me into who I am today.When I had kids I thought this same feeling would be imitated by my own children. Since they were young I have talked about all the great aspects of camp. Well, we dropped both Matt and Sarah off at Camp Men-o-lan yesterday afternoon. Sarah has been dying to go since she was seven and was thrilled beyond belief to FINALLY be able to go to a week long camp. Matt, on the other hand, not so much. This is his third year going to week long camp and probably his last. He is a kid that hates change and hates being away from home. But we think this is a good opportunity for him to learn much about his Heavenly Father and to, more importantly, learn to listen to what God is trying to speak to his heart in the setting of His creation. Please pray for Matt and Sarah as they are away. Pray that they would learn much and grow in their relationship with Christ. Pray that Matt would think on the positive and not dwell on the fact he isn't home. If you would like to write them a short note you can find the camp's address on their website, just hit the highlighted words above to be connected to their website. They would LOVE to get mail!

No comments: