Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Day at the Beach!!!!

Thanks to wonderful friends who were vacationing in Ocean City, NJ this week, we enjoyed a great day at the beach! I was a little nervous about taking Sarah and Daniel (mostly Daniel!) by myself, but what a wonderful day it turned out to be!!! Daniel is a beach freak! He LOVES the beach...to the point of ROLLING in the sand! He was just SO happy to be there! He played so well and listened (mostly!). We only had one melt down and that was as a result of him needing to apologize for throwing sand on someone. Daniel has a difficult time apologizing and it is something we are working on. He eventually did and all was well again.

Sarah had a blast as well. Her friend Morgan was there and they enjoyed splashing in the waves and playing in the sand. We were actually on the beach for about FIVE HOURS! If any of you know me you know I am not a huge fan of the beach, but we were just having so much fun, the time flew by! We headed back to the house and had a great dinner and then went to the boardwalk to enjoy some rides and frozen custard from Kohr's.
Melissa (Daniel's "Lissa" his favorite babysitter!) found a tiny crab
and was helping Daniel hold it! It was so cute!

The only downfall to the entire trip was that it was incredibly foggy! (The pictures aren't bad - it's the fog making them fuzzy!) When we walked to the beach you couldn't even see the water from the boards! I don't even know how the lifeguards were able to see anyone in the water! It tried to clear up around 2:30 pm, but then MORE fog rolled in! The boardwalk at night was a bit eerie as the fog was so thick you couldn't see any of the buildings or even the Ferris wheel! It was the weirdest weather I have ever witnessed at the beach. Despite the weather, it was a grand day! I think it was good it was foggy, as none of us got any sunburn! Sarah did tan, though! That girl was made for the beach! She is tickled pink with her tan coloring! Now we are all anxious for our beach vacation - but we still have to wait five and a half weeks!
We didn't arrive into Philly until about 11:00 pm, when I realized my CVS Extra Care Bucks expired at MIDNIGHT!!!! I had made my order, but never got there! So, guess where we went at 11:00 pm?!?! Thankfully they had everything I wanted and was in and out in no time. I would have been really upset to lose almost $60 in ECB's! God is so good in helping me to keep my brain straight and for giving us the blessing of the beach!

No comments: