Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Let the shopping begin!!!

Many of you know that we have a program called Reading Rocks! For those of you who don't know Reading Rocks is our summer reading program in which the kids that attend can earn points for reading and answering comprehension questions. It is a program that we hope will help kids retain their reading skills throughout the summer. At the end of the program we have a huge party to celebrate their accomplishments and give each child a backpack full of school supplies. Last year, as a favor to Carisa, I started shopping for the Reading Rocks Party while she went on vacation. While doing the shopping I discovered that I LOVED shopping for the supplies and finding the best deals! I think I managed to put together over 50 backpacks for about $15 a piece! One of the reasons I was able to put together the supplies so cheaply was because of Staples one cent deals! Last year they ran incredible deals for different things like folders, rulers, pencils, etc.! I also had a small army of helpers (Thanks Pat, Aunt Louise, Mom Schultz and others!) raiding their local Staples for the deals.

Well, the deals have returned and I have once again signed up for the responsibility of putting the school supplies together!!! Yesterday, on my way to and from visiting my friend Donna we hit three Staples! This week they have two pocket folders, 8 ct. Dixon pencils, and 0.5 oz Purell Hand Sanitizer all on sale for a penny each! You are able to get 10 folders, 2 packs of pencils, and 2 Purells costing a total of 15 cents! I had all the kids, including Daniel for a few, go through the line with their fourteen items! Look at all we got for $3.00!!!!We have 200 folders, 40 packs of pencils (320 pencils!), and 40 Purell! It was so much fun! Matt and Sarah are totally into it! We are planning on hitting some more Staples tomorrow as the deals are only good through Wednesday. I can't wait to see what all I'll get next week!

2 comments:

Trish said...

You're AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

And Aunt Louise, Pat and the elves in Clayton are at it too! I picked up 50 folders, 80 pencils, and some Purell. Watch out Walmart - you are in our sights too!