Thursday, February 21, 2008

Back to Awful

Today has been awful - and it's only 12:30 pm. Matthew has been as trying as he can be. I have decided that all I can do is pray - pray that God would soften his heart, pray that God would open his eyes to the many blessings he has been given, pray that God would help him to be cooperative instead of argumentative. I am also praying that God would help me to say the right things, do the right things and love him even though that is really the last thing I feel like doing. It's terrible to admit - but I do not like this person that has been living in my house for the last few months. Please pray that I would love him unconditionally and for me to discover exactly how that is shown to him. I never imagined that parenting would be as difficult as it has turned out to be. I guess it's a good thing we do not know the future. Based on events at the moment I never would have embarked on this path.

Sarah is doing well. She has her first sleepover tomorrow night and is beyond excited! She has been completing her work and even cleaned her bedroom! You know this is serious when she cleans her bedroom! Please pray for me as I am not fond of sleepovers and some of the events that take place at them - ex. truth or dare, etc. But the woman that is doing the sleepover is completely trustworthy and I know she won't let anything like that go on! Pray that Sarah gets some sleep!

Andy is teaching Teen Club tonight. Pray for him as some of his regular leaders are out of town or sick. Help has been thin lately, but the number of children hasn't lessened. We are extremely thankful for PBU students! Pray for their safety as they travel back and forth.

No comments: