Thursday, February 7, 2008

We're Back!

We arrived home about an hour ago and the kids are sorry they had to leave the spaciousness of PopPop and Grammy's. They are back to their arguing and bad tempers. I wonder if the closeness of our house contributes to the arguing? PopPop and Grammy said they played really well together - I think they were being nice! We so appreciate the fact that they watched them fro three days! It's a lot of work and I am sure they are tired. They will sleep well tonight!

The rest of the conference was good. The speaker was mentally challenging - not mentally relaxing like in years past. He spoke a good deal on current trends in the church - the emerging church, different key words being used such as missional, etc. It was a lot to take in in such a short period of time. I feel physically relaxed, however, as I was able to get more sleep than usual and take some walks. Now it is time to get into the groove of school again. We will not get another break until April - I think. We only have 60 days left. If we stay on track we will be done May 9th. I would so love to be done by then. That will give me three weeks in May to get ready for the summer craziness! But I have also made up my mind to relax a little with school. It has started to become more of a chore than a pleasure. We are way ahead in math and English and a little ahead in spelling, reading, and geography. We are just a little behind in History and Science, but will easily catch up on those subjects because they will finish math and English so early. It all works out in the end. Matt wants to continue with Math throughout the summer so I may be ordering his Math before we know it. I think he only has about 50 lessons to complete - so he'll have ten extra days to fill in. He could be done 7th grade math by Christmas and move into 8th next year - he is a whiz at math! I don't know what we'll do when he gets to high school.

Please pray as I try to relax with the schooling - not so much that they aren't doing anything, but that we would find the joy in learning again rather than trying to just get through it for the sake of checking off a box! I really want them to enjoy the things they are learning and to remember them as well.

No comments: