Friday, February 1, 2008

Good Friends

Tonight we had the joy and blessing of going to the Hinson's for dinner. Even though we work together we rarely see each other socially. We had such a great time! I am so thankful that God brought them to Philly to minister along side of us! I really can't imagine what life would be like here in Philly without them! In the short time they have been here (4 years in March, compared to our 14 years in July), we have become such close friends and our children play extremely well together. I was especially grateful to not have to cook this evening! I am not a fan of cooking and would give it up in a heartbeat. But, unfortunately, my children and husband enjoy eating regular meals and therefore I must cook.

The school week is complete and Matt caught up on everything except for writing - I have no idea what to do about that area. I am not a writer by any stretch of the imagination and Matt hates writing - usually the physical act of writing. But this week it has been the topic that our writing curriculum has come up with. I am praying about what to do. I have found a great website, http://www.writeguide.com , that I am seriously looking into. You sign up and pay for the number of months you desire to participate. The student is then matched up to a writing instructor and they e-mail each other daily with assignments and completed projects. I think if Matt is responsible to someone else for his writing he may be more motivated to do it. We'll see. I'll have to check the budget. But with all I am saving at CVS - who knows, maybe I've saved enough. LOL!

No comments: