Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Coming to an end

Today we went back to Universal. There were a few rides that the kids wanted to do that we didn't get to do last Sunday. It was much more crowded today. We didn't spend the whole day there. We were back to our condo by 4 pm. Around 6 pm the kids, Andy and I headed off to Disney Quest. It is really a fun place with all kinds of video games and virtual reality games to play for the price of admission. We really enjoyed playing the Pirates of the Caribbean virtual game and Sarah even joined us this time. There are five levels of accomplishment and we were able to achieve the top level thanks to Sarah's help! We also played human pinball, and created virtual rollercoasters! Matt and I created a level 5 - the scariest - including 10 different loops and upside down twists! You go into a pod that mimics the rollercoaster you created. It was cool! I really had a good time with that. Sarah and I made one and hers turned out to be a level one - even she thought it was boring! So she went back and created a level 3 that Andy rode with her. They looked like they had a good time!

After Disney Quest we had dinner at McDonald's and then looked around the Lego store. The kids love Lego's and this Lego store has some sets that are not available in other stores. We are going back tomorrow to make purchases the kids have been thinking over the last two weeks.

Sadly, this vacation is coming to an end and I'm not quite sure how I am going to handle it. Tomorrow is our last full day here in Florida. We fly out Friday, late afternoon. We should be back in Philly by around 8 pm. In 48 hours I will have to go back into my bed bug infested house and feel my blood pressure skyrocket 40 points. It has been so wonderful to see my kids smile and see how relaxed they have been. I hadn't realized the stress that this whole ordeal has given them. Matt has been relaxing and smiling more. Sarah hasn't been biting her nails to the quick. Daniel is being such a kid and enjoying running around. Andy has actually been sleeping and I have been reading, relaxing, and feeling so stress free. As Friday grows closer I am beginning to feel the level of stress rise. I don't want to go back to my house. I don't want to have to deal with bed bugs anymore. I don't want to have to live out of plastic bags anymore. I just don't want the stress. Haven't we dealt with this long enough? Apparently not. I think it a sad commentary when one views their house as the enemy - a place that is supposed to be a sanctuary of peace, a safe haven. I am beginning to believe that our house will never be that again. I wonder where this is all leading us? I pray we find the answer soon.

No comments: