Thursday, May 14, 2009

Last Night

Today we went to Epcot - or Apricot as Daniel calls it! He is so funny. He has fallen in love with Disney and all the characters, rides, and shows. He has been such a joy to watch through all this. Matt, Sarah, and I went on Mission: Space. The first time around all three of us went on the Green Team. It doesn't spin or give you motion sickness. I liked that side. Matt really wanted to go on the Orange side - the g-force inflicting side. So being the "cool" mom that I am (according to the Disney worker at the gate) I went on with him. Sarah opted to not go on that side and stay with daddy. It was intense, but Matt loved it. I am finding that the longer I am in small restricted spaces the more I have to concentrate on not panicking. Is this a 40 thing? I don't know. It was still fun and Matt loved it. He really hopes to become an astronaut someday. We'll see if he can get through 7th grade first!

Since it was our last night here we decided to try and see if we could get a seating at the newest restaurant in Downtown Disney - T-Rex. We hit it at just the right time and were seated within 5 minutes. It is an incredible restaurant! It has a whole dinosaur theme complete with meteor showers, an ice cave, and active mechanical dinosaurs throughout. I didn't think Sarah would go in because it isn't her kind of thing - but she was brave and really enjoyed the whole thing. And the food was great!!! We had a great time and another new memory to add to our already fantastic trip.
After eating we walked around Downtown Disney one last time. We took a family photo - Andy has gotten so thin with all the heat and walking we have been doing! But he will always be my cute pirate!

Today was our last full day in Florida. We are all very sad. Daniel realized we were going home and hasn't stopped crying about it. I know how he feels. I would like to cry about it, too. It has been an incredible vacation - full of first time experiences, family bonding, tons of smiles, and wonderful memories. I feel relaxed, calm, and at peace. There is nothing I want more than to stay here in Florida. But as it seems this is not the place God has called us, we head back to Philly tomorrow. To our dreadful bed bug infested house, loud pot-smoking on the porch neighbors, and insane ministry schedule. There is a reason and purpose to everything. I have to trust that God knows what He is doing, even if I don't. I have to believe that we are going to get through living in Philly as that is where we have been called. I have to believe that peace and and a feeling of safety in my house are right around the corner - otherwise I think I may go crazy. "Where there is no vision the people perish" Proverbs 29:18 - I have to have a vision of what my home and life will be like - even though I have no idea when that may happen - may it be SOON!

No comments: