Monday, May 4, 2009

Princesses, Towers, and Cars

WOW! What a day! What a wonderful, glorious, stupendous day! (That's still not enough adjectives to describe what a great day it has been!). It was a day in which Andy and I were able to devote all our attention on our children and bless them with activities that they have wanted to do. I love days where all I have to worry about is making the kids day! Life is so much easier!

My day started off with my daughter. For years she has wanted to go to the Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast - but we have never had the blessing of being able to get a reservation - but this year we did! We got up early and headed off to Magic Kingdom to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique to get her hair done up all princess like. She loved it! She loves it when she gets to dress up (definitely NOT my daughter!) And BOY! Was she beautiful! It's kinda scary seeing how pretty she is all dolled up. She is definitely NOT wearing make-up or any such thing before she is 30!After that we went to the Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast where she was able to meet Cinderella, Snow White, Princess Jasmine, Princess Aurora (a.k.a Sleeping Beauty), and our favorite, Belle. I like Belle because she reads! Each princess was so kind and talked with her and had their picture taken. It was a great time! She was in her glory and loved every minute! After the breakfast we then stood in line to meet Ariel (Little Mermaid) and Fairies - Tinker Bell, Fawn, and Silvermist. So I think we have met every princess available to meet here in Disney. It was so wonderful to see her all excited and smiling and just knowing she was having a good time.

After our princess time, we women met up with the men folk who had had breakfast with Mickey. We headed off to Hollywood Studios - the one park we hadn't been to as of yet. Matt has been dying to go on the Tower of Terror. I have never had any interest - but since I was the only adult in our group even remotely willing to try it out - I was elected to go. Matt knows I'll try any ride once and had been hounding me to take him on. So that was the first thing we did. Daniel was insistent upon going with us and since I didn't want my dear friend Frank to be the ONLY bad parent in the world taking his young son on the Tower of Terror, I thought I would join him in that category. Daniel, even though he thought it was scary, wanted to do it again! I told you he liked things fast and dangerous! Matt and I went on a couple of times without Daniel and each time it got better - I really don't think it is all that scary. Matt had fun and was able to do the one ride he has been dying to do. We also went on the Rock-n-Roller coaster and Star Tours, saw the Indiana Jones Stunt Show, and enjoyed the Narnia: Prince Caspian Exhibit. It was a good day.
Before we left we discovered that you could have your picture taken with Lightening McQueen and Mater - almost full size cars! Daniel thought this was great! It would have been even better if they had been interactive, but oh well! He had his picture taken and enjoyed just touching and exploring the two cars.
The weather has been beautiful - sunny and upper 80's to low 90's. It is almost 9:00 pm and Matt and Sarah are swimming, while Daniel is all snuggie in his bed, fast asleep. Tomorrow we head to Blizzard Beach for the day. I can tell Daniel is going to be a nut! It will be fun! I may not blog again until Wednesday as you have to pay $10 for 24 consecutive hours of Internet service. I am using some of my b-day money to splurge so that I can blog. Thanks for praying for us! We are enjoying every moment of this vacation!

1 comment:

Trish said...

THANK YOU for splurging, I am LOVING reading everything!! And you are right, Sarah is WAY too gorgeous to be wearing make up during my lifetime...

I'm so glad you guys are having fun!!!! I loved the Tower of Terror too! Way to go Matt and Daniel...and you!