Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I can't imagine a more perfect Mother's Day than the one I was given today! It was a beautiful 97 degrees here in FL - a record breaker - spent with my mom, three wonderful kids and incredible husband! We decided to go to Universal Studios today. We picked a great day as there was NO ONE in the parks today. The longest we had to wait in line was 10 minutes and most of that was walking to the line! Matt and I started the day by going on the Hulk Rollercoaster - I LOVE THAT ROLLERCOASTER!!!! It is such a thrill! We even went in the first row! By then end of the day I convinced Andy to go on and he also enjoyed it!We then went on several water rides and proceeded to get soaked - but we really didn't care since it was SO HOT today. Poor Daniel wasn't big enough for the water rides so he enjoyed getting soaked in the various fountains that are located throughout the park. I had forgotten they had these there and didn't prepare very well - the poor kid had denim shorts on! Next time we will wear swim suits! But he had a blast and felt very refreshed after playing in the water!

My favorite area of the park is Seussland - all Seuss, all the time! Daniel also loved it - especially the One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish ride! You get wet if you don't follow the directions of the song - which he LOVED! He also enjoyed meeting the Cat in the Hat, the Grinch, and Sam I Am. The whole day was full of fun!

Tomorrow we are heading off to Sea World. The kids LOVE aquariums and I really can't wait to see Daniel's face when he see Shamu for the first time. I don't believe he really understands just how big this whale is! He has been such a joy to watch throughout this whole vacation - he gets excited about everything!

It has been an incredible vacation and I am starting to get sad that we only have five days left. I have no desire to go back to Philly - to the bed bugs that I know are there because I have come to FL with several bites that are still irritating me. My head is having a hard time wrapping itself around the fact that I will have to go back to that dreadful house. It has now been 7 1/2 months and I am beginning the think we will NEVER get rid of them. There is nothing more we can do. I just can't believe there is a reason for this - I am beginning to struggle. In the meantime I plan on enjoying every minute of the next five days as I know I will NOT enjoy life come 8 pm Friday night when our plane lands in Philly.

No comments: