Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Day of Rest

Today we took the day off from going anywhere. It was actually kinda nice! When we awoke this morning none of the kids wanted to go anywhere and my mom voted with them - so Andy and I were out voted! That was fine with us. Daniel took a 3 hour nap! He was really tired! After his nap we got the kids all suited up and enjoyed one of the many pools in our new resort. While the kids were swimming I actually went and used the elliptical in the gym right next to the pool for 60 minutes. It felt good to get back on the exercise machine! They also had a scale there and so far it says I have only gained 2 pounds! Pretty good with all the junk I have indulged in! My sugars have also been excellent throughout this whole vacation - nothing above a 120 - even after I eat. I think maybe my stress free living is helping the blood sugars, too!
Tomorrow we are heading off to Universal Studios - Adventure Island. I can't wait to see Daniel's face when he sees Seussland! He loves Dr. Seuss and the Cat in the Hat. Matt and Sarah are excited about seeing Spiderman and Dinosaurs. Both Universal and Sea World are only open until 7 pm at the latest this week - so we should have more decent bedtimes. I think we are wearing poor Daniel out!
The picture above is one taken on my 40th birthday yesterday. I love it! Doesn't Daniel look cool?!?! Even though I didn't reach my goal of 40 pounds by the time I turned 40 - I did lose 28.5 pounds. I feel so much better than I did nine months ago. I can't imagine doing this trip almost 30 pounds heavier. Now my new goal is to lose 30 more pounds by September - when we go to Ocean City, NJ for our week at the beach. According to Philippians 4:13 I can reach that goal - with God's help. I am bound and determined to do it. I want to feel good and be able to do all that God has called me to do - mostly be as good a wife/mom as I can be. Keep watching! Thanks for all the prayers! We are still having a great time and are not looking forward to going back to Philly!

No comments: