Thursday, October 4, 2007

God's Goodness

Today was another good day. We are really seeing some great things in Matthew. He came to a realization today - "School is so much easier when I have a good attitude!" It doesn't mean he didn't struggle in some instances - but he is learning to work through them and not BLOW UP! He has finished school each day with enough time to play the past three days. He would have been done much sooner today except we had to take Daniel to the doctor. He has had a bit on his forearm for several days, but today when he woke up it had a red ring around it. I thought I should get it checked out. It turns out he had a spider bite and it was a slow releasing one, causing the red ring. While he was there he got his flu shot. He was so brave! He didn't cry at all! That blew Matt and Sarah away! They do not take shots well! Now Matt is determined to be like his 2 year old brother!

Another good thing that happened today was I got to talk with one of the parents of a former student! I taught first grade at Plumstead Christian School for four years before I had Matt. In my first class I had a boy named Justin. He was one of the sweetest boys - and very tall! Almost my height in first grade! He also had strawberry blond hair! I know - a little partial! His parents were down with a group Joe Darrow was showing around the ministry. Andy was helping and they recognized him! I happen to call Andy while they were there and he put me on the phone with Justin's mom. He is now a junior at Penn State! It was so great to talk to his mom and hear how he and his sister (who I also taught) are doing! It is very encouraging to know I didn't damage them! Maybe there is hope for my own children!

Life is good with God - I have to remember that even in the bad times. I know everything has a purpose and a plan. I look back over the years and see his goodness through every step of my life. I hope and pray my children will see His goodness in their lives too. A verse we have started to memorize is Proverbs 4:25 - "Be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life." (NCV) We are all trying!

No comments: