Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What I'm Reading

So my friend, the one who encouraged me to start blogging, has encouraged me to get more creative with my blog. She taught me how to post pictures of the books that I am reading. She has it on her blog and I thought it was neat. I like seeing what other people are reading and learning if they thought the book was worth their time. I love to read, mostly fiction, but have been drawn to the two books pictured to the right. "Sacred Parenting" is an incredible book that I think anyone who is wanting to have kids or has them already should read. It is not a "how to" book, but a "why" book - why we have kids. It is very good and I highly recommend it! I wrote about it in an earlier blog about how convicting it is. Convicting, but very good.

The second book I have only started so I can't give a critique on it just yet. I am a screamer. I hate it. Everyday I work on this aspect of my parenting. Some days are better than others. But with God's strength, one day I will not be a screamer. I am reading this book to see what the author's thoughts and ideas are on the subject. I'll let you know what I think.

I have enjoyed today's weather. I love rainy days. The kids hate it. I keep trying to show them the great things about rainy days - they just look at me like I'm crazy. I am currently sitting in my school room listening to the patter of the rain drops on the skylight and windows. It's so very peaceful and settling. Now maybe I'll get some much needed paper grading done!

1 comment:

Carisa said...

I'm so proud of you!!!! I need that screamer book too (as you know). Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!