Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day Two

So far, so good. I am not willing to say they are completely gone as I am afraid it will jinx the whole thing. It's been two days since we have seen a bug. Tomorrow I will be changing sheets and carefully inspecting the beds. I truly hope I don't find one. I am just now letting myself get comfortable in my house. I am hoping that by January 15th, 55 days from yesterday, I can put my house back together and forget this whole incident occurred.

The message in church today was one I really needed to hear. The title of the sermon was "Ungrateful". It really got me thinking about my ungratefulness. I was/am incredibly ungrateful about this entire situation, not really even thanking God for the fact that we caught it early. I just didn't want to deal with the trial at all. How selfish of me to think I should be spared trials that are hard! I was humbled today to be thankful for trials that stretch me to the point of submission to God's will, not my own. This whole experience has opened my eyes to the fact that I still struggle with being here in Philly. I thought I had gotten past that. I thought I had given myself fully to being apart of this ministry and supporting Andy in all he is doing here. I was wrong. I am still fighting God's will for me and my family. I have no desire to be here, but I am thankful that God is still working in my heart and life. I am also thankful for the bugs as it has allowed me to evaluate life here in Philly and what needs to change in my life and how to go about changing.

Tomorrow Andy is speaking at Salem Christian School's chapel. We will all be heading up there with him. We will then visit with Andy's parents for a short time and head home. I had really wanted to get back into the swing of things this week, but it looks like that will have to wait until December 1st. We aren't as far behind as I thought we were, so I think we'll be okay. Yes, we'll still have school to finish when we get back from vacation in May (I had planned it so we would be completed), but we have until June 30th to finish the year. Life happens! We will get through.

Thanks for praying for our situation. Please continue to pray as we are still a bit on edge and trying not to get too hopeful, too fast! Please pray that we will be patient and wait for God's timing for the whole situation.

No comments: