Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Phantom Itches

I have been experiencing these all day. I am the point where I am almost terrified of leaving the house for fear I will take one of these dreadful beasts outside and infect some other poor soul. But I had to go to my ABC class (diabetic class) tonight and also to Weight Watchers to get weighed in. The whole time I was out I was nervous one would craw out of my clothing and everyone would scream and go into hysteria. I know it is utterly ridiculous the path at which my thoughts are traveling, but I so do not want to be the reason for someone else having to deal with this horrific situation.

Andy ran up to his parents house today to spray their house for bedbugs, as a safety precaution. I am not sure we have infested them, but we are taking no chances. I have no idea how we will handle Thanksgiving. We usually sleep over, but I am a bit freaked out that there may be a chance of having a hitchhiker. Yesterday, I caught eight of the little beasts. Today it is four (so far). I am so ready for these beasts to be gone. Can you tell I'm tired of the little devils?

I am not the only one dealing with desiring life to go back to the way it was. I would really appreciate it if you could pray for the Hinson family. Frank and Carisa moved here to Philly on March 5, 2002. They have been an incredible asset to our team, not to mention a great source of joy to Andy and I. They are great friends and really help us in so many ways. November 3rd, Frank went to the hospital in pain. He had surgery November 4th, in which they removed a kiwi sized tumor. He has since been diagnosed with testicular cancer. He is currently awaiting blood test results to see if the cancer has spread to his abdominal lymph nodes. If it hasn't invaded he will likely have surgery to remove the lymph nodes. If it has invaded he will have to undergo chemotherapy. Something he does not desire to do. Please pray with us that it will not have spread and he can remove the lymph nodes before they become infected. Please pray for the whole family as they deal with this horrible disease. Their boys are 6 and 2 years old and don't fully comprehend everything that is going on. They just want their daddy to be like he was. Thanks for praying.

No comments: