Sunday, November 23, 2008

One day at a time....

Today was the first day in about three weeks we have not found a bedbug. I do not know whether to rejoice or be nervous. My mind is thinking "Yes! Finally!", but my heart is thinking "They are hiding and we are never going to get rid of these little beasts." My prayer has been that if the poison isn't working that God would allow the bugs to be seen and we would find them. We continue to do hourly rounds, looking at the ceiling where we believe is their main entrance, looking up the stairs, looking in each kids bedroom, in the hall and into our bedroom. This is something we started three weeks ago in our effort to find the bugs before they found a home to nest. I am taking each day as it comes and truly hoping that this is coming to an end.

I didn't sleep well at all last night, maybe getting two hours of sleep. Between being anxious about the bugs as well as my husband at the all-niter, proved more than my brain could handle. I then got up early to take the kids out to breakfast with my mom so that Andy could have some peace and get some much needed sleep. We then went to the King of Prussia Mall. The kids were thrilled as they have just opened a new Lego store. It was pretty cool - so many different Lego sets. The kids each had money saved and they each purchased a new Lego set. They should keep them occupied for a couple of hours anyway. I was able to finish up some Christmas shopping and enjoy a great day with my mom. It felt good to relax and not stress over these ridiculous bugs.

Andy had a great all-niter. A total of 64 people ended up going. The kids had a great time bowling from 12-3 am and then they all went back to the church and played either "Extreme Dodge ball" or watched a movie, "Prince of Egypt". Andy had fun, and slept until 2:00pm! Tomorrow will be my nap time!

No comments: