Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year! 2009!

WOW! Another year has flown by. Where did it go? I love this time of year as I try to figure out where my life is at and what I have yet to do. This is a big year as I turn 40!!! I can remember as a kid thinking it would be FOREVER before I got to that age....now it's here!

This Schultz family decided to spend the day with their little bed bug friends. We have found about 15 since the extermination yesterday. Two on the boys bunk beds. We gave the kids a choice and they decided to stay in. They didn't even get out of their pj's. They decided the best day we could have is if we stayed in all day. With the exception of Andy running out and going to the bank and post office and my running to the library and grocery store, we were home. Tonight we ate pizza, watched two movies: Horton Hears a Who and Journey to the Center of the Earth (3-D version, which they LOVED!), popped popcorn and started reading "Inkheart" by Cornelia Funke, aloud. It was a great night. We put Matt and Sarah to bed around 10:30 pm and they crashed. I recorded the ball falling for them so they could see it later today. They have never made it to midnight! They try, but never make it!

So what do I hope to accomplish this year? I haven't thought through everything but a few are:
1. Read aloud to my children at least four nights a week. (I have gotten away from that!)
2. Continue my weight loss. My goal is a total of 60 pounds by the end of the year. Only 38 pounds to go!
3. Continue to organize the house. Because of our bed bug situation, this has been a continuous project. Hopefully we can get rid of these pests and finish the project.
4. Matt, Sarah, and I are going to read the Bible in One Year. It's something Matt has wanted to do, so I decided we are going to do it together.
5. Devote more time to prayer. I truly believe that this is the ONLY way I am surviving this ordeal. God is giving me the strength I need each day to face these dreadful creatures and keep sane.

Those are just a few. My list will become more extensive later today as Matt, Sarah and I sit down to write down what we would like to accomplish and look at last years and how we did! I think it's fun to see Matt and Sarah and their reactions to what they thought they could do and what they actually did.

I hope you all will have a very blessed 2009. May you see God's hand in your lives and live to serve Him all your days. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting and loving us through your prayers. We definitely wouldn't be here without them!

1 comment:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Happy New Year! May the Lord bless your home and your family! Have a GREAT 40th year of life, God has been so good!

On the other hand, your stories of bed bugs have me horrified. I am so going to be praying for you guys. I can't imagine. I looked them up online the last time I read your blog...I had no idea! No wonder my mother used to tell me to not let the bed bugs bite! I wonder if she even really knew they were this nasty?